The older that we get the more our chest sags. Push-up bras are actually hurting us instead of helping. So how can you help to keep “the girls” perky without buying expensive bras that hurt more than they help? Here are five exercises that you can try: Try 15 to 20 reps per exercise.
1. Pectoral Flys: Take two dumbbells and lie on your back on the floor. Bring your arms straight out to your sides. Lift your arms up into the air and rotate your arms inward so that your elbows end up facing outside. Lower the dumbbells to your side again until your elbows are bent and your chest muscles feel like they are stretched.
2. Push-Ups: Yes, regular push-ups will do the job. Lie on the floor on your stomach, keep your core tight, and push your body off the floor with your arms.
3. Chest Press: Lie on your back on the floor or a bench. Take your dumbbells and hold them at your side with your elbows bent. Raise the dumbbells up in the air until your arms are extended. Lower until your elbows are bent again and repeat.
4. Ab Planks: Get into the push-up position on the floor. Bend your forearms at a 90 degree angle and rest your body weight on the forearms. Keep your body in a tight and straight line and keep your forearms under your shoulders. Hold this pose for a minute, relax, and then repeat. For an added boost to your chest hold your head high while you are holding the pose.
5. Dumbbell Lateral Shoulder Raise: Hold on to the dumbbells in front of your thighs. Keep your hips and elbows slightly bent. Raise your upper arms until your elbows are at shoulder height. Lower them slowly and then repeat.