When you go on birth control you may have questions that you are too afraid or embarrassed to ask your doctor. Planned Parenthood answers a variety of questions via text and chat every day about birth control and the different concerns that people have. Here are some of the most popular questions.
– Can I skip taking the placebos? Will it skip my period: Yes, it is perfectly fine to skip the placebos. They are only there to serve as a reminder that you need to take the pill daily.
– Can I get pregnant from [email protected] or [email protected] s*x: The odds are not zero on this one. While [email protected] and [email protected] s*x alone cannot get you pregnant, fingers that have sem*n on them could move sem*n into the vag!na.
– If I forget my pills at home, can I take one from a friend: This is not a good idea. Not all birth control pills are the same. The formula is different for many different brands and even if they are in the same package they may still be different.
– Will antibiotics mess up my pills: The drugs used to treat tuberculosis, Rifampin and Rifabutin, can mess up the pill. Some Rx meds can decrease the effectiveness of the birth control so it is always best to talk to your doctor about it first.
– Will drugs such as molly or pot mess with my birth control: No, recreational drugs will not mess with your birth control as long as you don’t skip the pill while you are using them.
– Can the ring or IUD fall out: It is very rare that an IUD would fall out of the uterus. If it does fall out a doctor must reinsert it. If the ring falls out you can simply rinse it off and then reinsert it yourself.
– If I had too much to drink and got sick last night is my pill still effective: If it had been three hours or less since you had taken the pill, consider it as a missed pill. Take another if you are on progesterone-only pills but you also should use a condom for the next 48 hours.