Going through a break-up can be hard on any woman. It is how you deal with it afterwards that really shows who you are. There are good ways to handle the end of a relationship and there are ways that can be hazardous to your mental and physical health. Here are six things that you should be doing while mourning the end of a relationship:
1. You need time to heal. Don’t just jump to another person because you think you are ready or because you don’t like being alone. If you begin a new relationship with someone too quickly you will bring all of the hurt and anger from the old relationship over. Don’t try to get yourself back to your normal hectic schedule right away either. Dive into one thing that is normal for you at a time so that you have time to heal your wounds.
2. Eat healthy food. Yes, junk food may be a girl’s best friend during a break-up but it is your body’s worse enemy. Ben and Jerry may make for a great night at home watching a sappy romantic comedy, but you will regret it the next day. Even if you don’t feel like eating something healthy, do it anyway. You will thank yourself in the end.
3. Get yourself something nice. Go to a spa or get your nails done. Have a pedicure. Spend a day with a friend just driving around and enjoying the scenery and nature. Pampering yourself is a great way to relax and heal.
4. Try a massage or acupuncture. You need to try and heal your body as well as your mind.
5. Sleep is extremely important. Drink non-caffeinated tea or warm milk before bed. Take some melatonin. Meditate. Do whatever you need to do in order to fall asleep for a restful night.
6. Search for you center or sense of self. Try some yoga to get back to knowing who you are without someone else in the picture.