Cinnamon is a delicious spice that people add to many dishes. It is great in desserts, on chicken, and in oatmeal in the morning. There are many benefits to cinnamon that you may not know about. Here are five great things about the spice that many people are not aware of.
1. If you need a little more fullness in your lips, you don’t need to get painful and costly injections and other procedures from a plastic surgeon. Just dab Vaseline on your lips and put a pinch of cinnamon on top. Rub the mixture on your lips for a few minutes and then let it sit for a minute. You will feel a little bit of tingling which is normal. Add another coat of Vaseline and you will have nice full lips. Do not put dry cinnamon on the skin as it is a mild irritant.
2. Have a problem with acne? Mix three tablespoons of honey and one tablespoon of cinnamon together. Whip it into a thick paste that will look like chocolate and then spread it on your face. The honey acts as a moisturizer and will reduce redness while the cinnamon kills the bacteria that causes acne. Leave it on for ten minutes and then rinse it off.
3. If you have hair loss try a cinnamon mask. Consult your physician before doing this. Mix two tablespoons of cinnamon and honey into half of a cup of warm olive oil. Add one egg to thicken. Comb it through your wet hair and after 10 to 15 minutes shampoo it out with warm water.
4. If you have bad breath, chew on a cinnamon stick or gargle cinnamon in warm water.
5. If you have dry skin, create an exfoliating mixture with almond oil, olive oil, honey, cinnamon, and sea salt.