There are a lot of ways that you burn calories throughout the week. You exercise. You eat right. You get enough sleep during the night. What if we told you that there was a way that you could burn over 600 extra calories per week very easily? There is one thing that you can do that will burn 42 calories per hour and it is one of the simplest things in the world you would probably never even think about it. That one thing that burns calories? Standing. That’s right. Get up, step away from your desk, and stand.
A small study was conducted with 10 workers who were in an office environment. They were asked to stand for three hours of their shift while they worked. The researchers found that while they were standing their heart rate show up just enough to start burning .7 calories per minute which comes out to be 42 calories per hour. Just think, if you can stand for three hours per day, that is 126 extra calories per day. And that is all from standing around and doing nothing! There are different times where you can stand that wouldn’t be an inconvenience, just switching up your routine a little bit.
Here are some other times where you can stand to burn:
– Stand while watching your favorite show on TV. That one hour will fly by because you aren’t thinking about the fact that you are standing.
– Get a high-top table at a restaurant if possible, this way you can stand while you eat.
– Stand up in your living room and play with your iPad. You were going to play on the couch with it anyway, why not burn some calories instead.
– Stand on the bus or the train if possible instead of sitting.
– Stand up when you are paying bills
– Stand up for housework that you can do while standing.