When you are trying to lose weight you will listen to advice from so many different people about how to do it that you are never sure what works and what doesn’t. Here are some tips that work and are from nutritionists that deal with weight loss every day.
1. Make sure that you are drinking plenty of water. Your daily recommended amount is around 64 ounces but that varies depending on your weight and lifestyle.
2. Once you figure out what your calorie budget is, make sure you are honest about how much you are eating. Keep a log as it will help you to be accountable.
3. Take one less bite at every meal and that will help you to save almost 8 pounds per year.
4. Make sure that you do not let yourself get ravenously hungry. Eat healthy snacks through the day so that you don’t overeat at meal time.
5. Get plenty of rest at night. Sleep is very helpful when you are trying to lose weight. Turn in early and you will see weight loss within one week.
6. Eat a meal before you go to a party or gathering so that you are less likely to pick at unhealthy party food.
7. Wear clothes that fit you instead of ones that are too big. This way you will stop eating when you are full.
8. Eat a majority of your protein, fat, and carbs in the morning so that you are more satisfied through the day.
9. If you want a treat, eat it slowly. Smell it, look at it, and take a small bite. Take a few minutes to decide if you need another bite. If you want more, chew 20 times so that you don’t overdo it.
10. Eat when you are hungry, not at a certain time that you think that you should be eating.
11. Start with a soup. Studies have shown that people who start with soup eat 20% less calories during their meal.