Being beautiful is definitely more than looking good, but your appearance is the first thing that people notice about you. Your most prominent feature is your skin, the largest organ in your body. Having great skin takes some work and when you’re in the spotlight, like television and reality star, Tia Mowry, it’s even more important. Tia hopped on her blog that she shares with her sister, Tamera and shared her secrets for keeping her skin looking healthy and beautiful.
1. Drink a lot of water. Water helps to hydrate the skin and will keep it from looking dried out or flaky. When you are not properly hydrated your wrinkles and fine lines will stick out more.
2. Be careful of the food that you are putting into your body. If you break out all the time and different face products will not work, you may have an allergy to something that you are eating. You should also cut out fatty foods and processed foods with a lot of sugar for a while a see the difference that it makes.
3. Freeze your face. Giving your face an all over rub with a cube of ice in the morning will help to tighten the skin and the pores and leave your skin feeling healthy. It may sound a little unusual but Tia swears by it.
4. Wash your make-up off. Don’t let makeup sit on your face overnight. Your body goes through a restorative process while you are sleeping, and that includes your skin. If the healthy skin cells are covered in beauty products, they are not able to get rid of the bad cells and uncover the new ones.
5. Every few weeks, treat your skin to something special. Go to a spa or salon and get a facial. Buy a kit at the store for an at home facial. Exfoliating and masks are a great way to rejuvenate your skin and make you feel more relaxed!