The holidays are a time for family, friends, and food. The food can be amazing but can also be extremely unhealthy for you. Here are some ways that you can maintain your figure through the holidays and avoid the social pressure to feast!
1. Bring food and snacks with you – If you bring your own food and drinks with you there is always going to be something healthy for you to eat. Bring foods that you know will fill you up such as protein-rich almonds or yogurt or foods that are full of fiber like raw carrots and celery. This way you can fill up on your healthier foods so that you will not eat as much as you normally would and are more conscious to stay away from the cookies.
2. Don’t give up healthy habits – Just because you are going to a holiday feast with all the trimmings doesn’t mean that you need to throw out all of your healthiest habits. Instead of giving up and eating everything in sight just because it is there think about the portions that you are having and find the foods that are the healthiest. This way you can still enjoy all of the foods that you love just make sure you don’t go overboard.
3. Visualize – Before you head off to the party that you are going to take a moment and picture yourself there. Picture yourself looking at all of the food that is surrounding you and then picture yourself walking away from the bad foods. If you visualize your success you will be able to see how great it feels.
4. Check the spread – Before you begin filling your plate take a look at what is being offered. Scan through and make a mental note of the foods that are the unhealthiest so that you can avoid them. Pick out where the good foods are and stay focused on just those foods.
5. Eat before you go – Before you leave for the holidays make sure that you eat something. You don’t want to walk in to a house filled with junk food on an empty stomach. Just imagine that you are about to go grocery shopping. You wouldn’t do that on an empty stomach right?