By: Krystle Crossman
As you start a new diet you tend to look for a lot of information from different sources. There are all sorts of tips and tricks on the internet and there are many that are incorrect or even harmful to your weight loss goal. Here are six tips that you should avoid.
1. Only eat fruit before noon: While this sounds like a healthy idea it is actually not healthy for you at all. When you eat only fruit you end up getting high sugar spikes and quick drops which leads to a crash. If you want to maximize your calorie burning potential through the day you need to balance your breakfast with carbs, protein, and healthy fats.
2. Master cleanse: A mixture of water, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup has been touted as a great way to detox your system and help you to lose weight quickly. However the amount of high-fructose corn syrup with no fats to balance out the insulin causes a huge spike in sugar in the blood, causes inflammation, and can lead to a handful of diseases.
3. Parasites: Some people have gone extreme enough to give themselves a parasite in order to try and lose weight. They think that if they ingest a parasite it will help them to drop weight quickly but this is extremely harmful.
4. Cotton balls: Models in Brazil have a way of losing weight that is unsafe but many women are jumping on board. They will eat cotton balls which expand when they come in contact with the liquids in your stomach and leave you feeling full. This could cause a huge blockage in your system. There are also chemicals in some cotton balls. The cotton is not able to be digested by the body so this is very dangerous.
5. HCG Diet: The Kardashian sisters have made the HCG diet popular, but there is no research that shows that HCG is an effective weight loss treatment. Putting more hormones in your body may have serious side effects.
6. Celery only: Eating nothing but celery is a tip that you should never follow. It has very little nutritional value. If all you eat is celery you will go into starvation mode and will eventually begin to overeat and gain back any weight that you lost.