Life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you can’t know what is going to happen on a daily basis. This is part of what makes life so interesting. When you are thrown a curve-ball and taken out of your comfort zone, how you handle it can say a lot about you. Here are some ways to deal with being thrown to the wolves:
1. Just like the Boy Scouts…be prepared. You can never fully predict what is going to happen in life, but being prepared for anything will help.
2. Understand that there is a greater reason for what is happening. Sometimes a tragedy in life can actually be a blessing in disguise. You will understand at some point and be able to see the silver lining in negative events more often.
3. Seize the day. When a new opportunity arises, take it! Don’t pass it by because it’s a little out of your comfort zone.
4. Alter your mind to adapt to the changes that have happened. Don’t fight the changes or you will become more stressed. Most of the time there is nothing that you can do about the situation so you may as well just roll with it.
5. Be proactive. If you can think of a challenge down the road, get ready for it early on.
6. You are stronger than you think. Recognize that and take the plunge when the time comes.
7. Time heals all wounds. Remember that when you are feeling down because of a change in your life that you finf challenging.
8. Look forward to what is coming in the future. Instead of hiding from it, get ready and look at all the positives that will come from the change.
9. Have faith. Your comfort zone is something that is in you and is something that can be changed. You can get through it.