One of the most common things that can happen while trying to lose weight is that you lose your motivation and fall off track. Here are some great ways to keep the motivation going and to have fun while you are losing the weight.
1. Have a lot of $ex. “Getting it on” not only burns calories, but it is a fun activity. Research has shown that the more weight you lose, the better the $ex gets.
2. Make a promise that you have to keep such as joining an athletic event that is raising money for charity. If you quit you are not only letting yourself down, but the charity as well.
3. Get a dog if you don’t already have one. Having a furry friend will force you to get up and take him for a walk multiple times a day, no matter what the weather is.
4. A recent study has shown that if you rock out to some upbeat music while working out you are more likely to stick with it.
5. Get out the $exiest “skinny” outfit that you own. Looking at that outfit will make you want to wear it, but you want to be able to fit into it!
6. Use a dumbbell that weighs the same amount as what you have already lost. You will feel more accomplished knowing that the weight is off of you!
7. Try some over the phone counseling. Places like Bally have fitness counselors on the phones to help you stay on track.
8. Buy exercise classes in advance so that you have to go because you don’t want to waste the money.
9. Join an exercise group and go to class with some new friends. Turn your workout into a social session!
10. Get a massage. If you can feel good enough about letting a stranger touch your less than perfect body, you can begin to feel more comfortable about how you look.
11. Stare at yourself in the mirror. It can give you the motivation to change what you don’t like.
12. Chart your progress so that you can see how far you have come.
13. Some insurance companies offer incentives for being healthier so check out these incentives for extra motivation.