Trying to lose or maintain your weight is tough for many people. You try not to eat large meals, but you want to eat enough so that you are full for a while and don’t snack. Even after a meal, you find yourself hungry yet again, a short time later. It can be frustrating and many people resort to taking dietary pills that claim to keep you full. There are certain foods that you can eat however. Here is a list of filling foods:
1. Eggs – Eggs are a fantastic source of protein. They have a good balance between protein and fat which means it is more satisfying. Research has shown that overweight people who eat eggs for breakfast often go longer through the day without feeling hungry. If you are worried about the cholesterol content in the yolks (if you have normal cholesterol levels, egg yolks are perfectly fine), you can eat just the egg whites.
2. Avocados – This creamy food is filled with fiber and monosaturated fat (the good kind of fat). Foods that are high in fiber and fat take longer to digest so you will feel full longer.
3. Legumes – Beans, beans, the musical fruit. Lentils and beans provide just the right mix of protein, good fats, and complex carbs to keep you satisfied.
4. Cayenne Pepper – If you can stand the heat, this spice has proven to be a fantastic appetite suppressant. Just half a teaspoon is all you need to suppress your appetite and burn an extra 10 calories.
5. Water – You should be drinking plenty of water every day. Not only does it help you feel full, but it is extremely important for your blood flow, your skin, and general hydration of your entire body. If you think you are hungry, have an ice cold glass of water first.
6. Greek Yogurt – Everyone is hopping on the Greek Yogurt train these days. It’s high in calcium and low in sugar, plus it is packed with protein.
7. Soup – A bowl of soup for a snack can help you to consume 100 less calories at your next meal due to its high water content.