Personal trainer and former professional dancer Simone De La Rue loves seeing the faces of women who have reached their fitness goals. She says that she has tips that she gives every woman who is trying to lose weight that are meant to encourage and motivate instead of push. Here are ten of her best tips:
1. Graze on food through the day. Your metabolism is like a car. It needs gas to go. Food is the gas for your metabolism. If you are low on food your metabolism will start to slow down and that is when you begin to store fat. Graze through the day on healthy snacks to keep your metabolism running strong.
2. Diets do not work. Once you feel that you have hit your goal and go off the diet you end up right back where you were. Most of them are just fads and do not give lasting results like hard work and a proper workout routine will.
3. Pick some music that will inspire you and make you move. Working out is always better with music as you can run/walk to the beat and do other timed activities while making them more fun.
4. Before you work out find a mirror. Stare into your eyes for a few minutes and list off the things that you love about yourself
5. If staring into a mirror doesn’t work, pick out a mantra and repeat it over and over again until you are feeling motivated.
6. Wear clothes that you feel good in. Do you have a favorite dress that accentuates the right parts of your body and makes you feel great? Wear it even if you are just going to the store.
7. Keep a journal of your exercise routines and of the foods that you eat. It makes you more accountable when you see it on paper.
8. Take selfies of yourself. If you need to take one while you are working out, go for it. If you want to take a selfie in the bathroom mirror, go right ahead. It is all about having fun and feeling better about your body.
9. Get a workout buddy. You will not want to disappoint them by skipping a workout and it can make your time at the gym fly by when you have someone there to talk to.
10. All women should do strength training. Muscles help to burn more fat so when you are doing strength training you end up burning even more fat than just cardio.