Everyone wants to be the healthiest version of themselves that they can be. Some of us just have a harder time changing our ways and making sure that we are working as hard as possible to be healthy. There are a few things that you shouldn’t do on the road to becoming healthy because they will limit your chances at success.
1. Don’t make excuses. There are only 24 hours in a day for everyone. People who are far busier than you are finding time to workout, even if only for a little bit each day. Ten minutes here and there can add up!
2. Don’t skip your workouts. Come up with a plan that works for you and works for your schedule so that you are more likely to stick to it. Give yourself one day of the week that you can skip and then get right back to it.
3. Don’t think negatively about working out. If you sit all day and think that you hate exercise, your body is going to respond to that and you will not have the energy or drive to go to the gym or do your exercise of choice.
4. Don’t forget about strength training. Cardio will help you to lose weight, but you want to have toned muscles as well.
5. Don’t succumb to mindless eating and eat everything in sight because you are bored. Be mindful of what you are eating and why. If you aren’t hungry stay away from the kitchen.
6. Don’t avoid the scale. The more you look at it the more motivation you will get to work hard. Use it to keep track of your progress and not as a negative influence on how you feel about yourself.
7. Don’t skimp on sleep. Get your eight hours in. If you get less sleep than you are supposed to you will end up gaining more weight as you appetite will increase through the day.