Men can be stubborn and some do not like going to the doctor and refuse to be seen when they are sick. They like to feel tough and go without medication. Here are some things that your man can do in his life to prevent illness so he doesn’t have to worry about going to the doctor.
1. Getting routine checkups at the doctor and regular dental visits is a great way to catch problems before they start. It is also peace of mind when everything comes back normal after testing. Going to the dentist can help flag down certain illnesses that affect your teeth and gums.
2. Eat a well-balanced and healthy diet. He should be eating foods that are low in fats, cholesterol, and sodium. He should also be loading up on veggies and fruits to get all the vitamins and minerals needed.
3. Getting at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise every day will help him to stay in shape and significantly reduce his risk for heart attacks, stokes, and cancer.
4. Maintaining a healthy weight is important. It can prevent strokes, heart attacks, and arthritis.
5. Go easy on the alcohol consumption. There are a lot of sugars and empty calories in alcohol so it’s best to limit yourself to two drinks per day at the most.
6. Don’t use any form of tobacco. Cigarettes and cigars can kill your lungs and carry a high risk for lung cancer. Chewing tobacco can cause cancer in the mouth or throat.
7. Practicing safe s*x is a way to ensure that you will not contract any STDs.
8. Buckle your seatbelt. If you are in a car accident it will greatly improve your chances of not being injured. Also limit cell phone use and never text while driving.
9. Think about being safe no matter what you are doing. If you are clearing tree limbs, wear protective gear and make sure no one is on the ground below. If you are working out, don’t push yourself too hard. If you are driving, be defensive and aware.
10. Learn to manage your stress properly. Stress can lead to a host of problems unless you can learn how to harness it so that it doesn’t affect your life.