When you think about the word [email protected] you are probably thinking about a woman who is abducted in the park or something along those lines. What you may not expect to hear is that so many women are [email protected] by their husband because many do not feel that it is [email protected] if you are married. Tell that to the wives.
[email protected] is defined as an act of forced s*x. All it takes is a woman saying “no” or for her to feel threatened and it turns into a criminal offense. Below are the different types of [email protected] that married women all over the country experience but seldom report:
1. Non-consensual – If a woman cannot speak to say if she does or does not want to have s*x it is considered to be forcible. An example of this would be if a woman were asleep or were knocked out by a drug and her husband had s*x with her while she was unconscious.
2. Giving in – Sometimes a wife feels that it is safer for her to just give in to her husband instead of putting up a fight or telling him no.
4. Manipulation – If a man knows that his wife is going to turn him down he will try to manipulate her into it. He will tell her that she isn’t good in bed anyway or that she isn’t a good wife she may sleep with him in order to try and prove him wrong. This is his intended outcome and although the woman isn’t being forced physically she is being mentally manipulated.
5. Taking a woman hostage – Some husbands will make sure that they are the dominating force in the relationship. They hold everything such as money and assets so that the wife feels that she has no other choice but to give him what he wants.
6. Threats – When a man threatens to beat his wife if she doesn’t have s*x with him it is a form of [email protected] She doesn’t want to make him even more angry and so she will do what he wants.
If you know someone who is going through something like try to talk to them. Try to let them know that this is not okay by any means. Being married does not mean that they are not being [email protected] There are support centers and hotlines all over the country for domestic violence. The main hotline is 1-800-799-7273.