Our friends and neighbors like to give advice about our relationships. Most of the time we listen to them instead of listening to the person we really should listen to…ourselves. We know what is best for us but we rarely ever listen. Here are some of the relationship tips that we tell others but then do not follow ourselves.
– Go for the nice guy. Don’t go for a bad boy, they will only lead to heartache. How many times have you told that to a friend and then chastise them for not listening when they end up choosing the bad boy? And how many times have you chosen a bad guy over a nice one yourself?
– Don’t read too much into things. Oh no! He hasn’t texted you in a whole day! This must mean that he never wants to see you again! Or it means he is busy, has a dead battery, is working, is with his mother, or a host of other reasons as to why he hasn’t dropped everything just to text. Calm down, take a deep breath, and take things as they come.
– Communicate. Often times we do not communicate with our partners even though that is what we tell others to do. Let him know how you are feeling.
– Don’t get caught up in the past. It’s the past for a reason. Let it go and focus on the right now instead or that will become your past as well.
– Give him some space. Guys need breathing room and so do we. Smothering is one of the reasons that many relationships end. You had your own life before he came along and you should have one after as well.
– Don’t wait too long. If he hasn’t called in a few days or is really flaky, move on. You don’t need to waste your time waiting for someone who isn’t interested.