As strange as it may sound, there are many benefits to a relationship without s*x. Here are some of the top benefits.
1. Avoiding awkward nonsense – When you are upfront and honest about being celibate it shows the guy that you do not want to play games. If he stays and is okay with that, he just may be a keeper.
2. Mental clarity – S*x and being “in love” can do crazy things to you. Throwing s*x into a relationship can create many problems, so without those problems you are free to focus on other things.
3. Intimacy – This is not meant to be a s*xual word. It is about the closeness that two people feel toward each other without having s*x. It is about raw emotions.
4. Good for you – Not having s*x in a relationship is a sacrifice that many may not want to make. But before you can truly commit yourself to someone else, you need to be able to take care of yourself first but getting into a s*xual relationships can “muddy the waters”.
5. Cutting ties – If the relationship ends, you miss that person differently than if you had been sleeping together. You would miss them as though your best friend were gone, not your lover, which in the end can make things easier to sever all ties.
Everyone deals with s*x in a relationship differently. Most want to have it, others don’t. Others may only want to have s*x and never deal with intimacy or even speaking to their partner. Some relationships may fall apart with celibacy but that may be a good thing because each partner knows where they stand with the other. Others relationships may flourish because they are taking the time to really get to know each other and how the other person is feeling about the relationship.