Vaccinations for children are a sensitive topic for many parents. Some are ready and willing to get the shots the moment they can while others refuse because they believe that harm will come to their child. It is the parent’s choice to not vaccinate if they do not wish to, and while some may say that it is wrong to do so, they have their reasons. Here are 8 reasons why one father says that he is against vaccinating his children.
1. The risks of the side effects from the vaccinations are far more fearsome than the actual disease that you are vaccinating for. When we were little, we got the chicken pox, they went away and we never got them again. There was no vaccine and we came out just fine. All of the side effects that may potentially come with the vaccination are worse than what can happen if you don’t get it.
2. Vaccinations are not 100% effective, especially the flu vaccine. Why put the added stress and a virus into your child when it may not work anyway?
3. Can you really trust the pharmaceutical companies? They are out to make money and so are doctors. How can you believe that they really have your child’s best interest at heart and not their bottom line?
4. Should something terrible happen to your child because of a vaccine, there is nothing that you can legally do about it. You cannot sue the doctor, the nurses, or even the drug company itself.
5. We don’t yet know enough about microbes in the human body to really understand the effect that vaccines have on them.
6. There is not enough evidence to support the herd theory where you should vaccinate all to prevent sickness and protect the weaker members of the herd.
7. There are toxic ingredients that are found in the vaccines such as aluminum, mercury, and formaldehyde. Who wants those injected into their children?
8. Science has failed before and it won’t be the last time. We don’t yet know what the long-term effects of some of these shots could be. Your child is not a scientific guinea pig.