In the past women have often chosen the alpha male type to date because he is a strong and confident man. Now women are choosing the beta male more and more because they really just want a more sensitive guy. There are pros and cons to dating each, but here are nine reasons that women are not dating alpha males as much anymore:
1. He is too controlling. Alpha males like to be dominant and have control of everything so that everyone knows who’s in charge.
2. He won’t express his emotions. He has to be a manly man, and letting someone know that they are sad or hurt is not a macho thing to do in their eyes so they shy away from it.
3. They can’t be trusted. Alpha males like to cheat and lie more than other men do because they have more testosterone in their body. They can begin to have a need to satisfy as many women as they possibly can. That doesn’t exactly work in a relationship.
4. They lack perspective on everything else because they are too into themselves to look at the world around them. They are confident yes, but perhaps a little too confident almost to the point of arrogance.
5. They are sometimes very insecure. They show themselves as the dominant party because they feel insecure about something and need to express that they are strong and manly enough even though they may not feel it.
6. Temper, temper. Alpha males tend to have a short fuse and a bad temper which are a bad combination.
7. There are plenty of beta males just waiting to be snatched up. They are nice, level-headed, play it cool guys that are just looking for someone to share their life with, not to control.
8. Alpha males act quickly and without thinking sometimes. They may not think of the consequences of their actions before they jump into something which can get them into a lot of trouble and can end up hurting you.
9. You will feel very restricted in life because it is all about him, and hardly ever about what you want.