Millions of people buy skim milk because they believe that it is “better for you”. They are seduced by the words fat-free. When it comes to milk, fat-free is something that you want to avoid. Here are six reasons to go with higher fat milk for your family:
1. There is pretty much no nutritional value in skim milk. The vitamins that are found in milk as well as calcium are all fat soluble. If you have no fat, how are you going to absorb those vitamins and the calcium? You aren’t.
2. Even though it says that it is fat-free it is not a product that is going to help you to lose weight. In fact, studies have shown that skim and 1% milk can lead to weight gain since there is little to no fat to help your body know when you are full.
3. Skim milk used to be the waste that was thrown out during the milking process. Once people began believing that all fat was bad for you and only fat-free foods would help you to lose weight the farmers saw a gold mine looming before them.
4. Heart surgeons around the country have been coming out and saying that heart disease is not linked to saturated fat intake alone. This means that you can have full-fat milk and not be worried about having a heart attack from it.
5. Skim milk is full of all kinds of different things such as bodily fluids, antibiotics, and GMOs. The cows that are raised in factory farms do not get the proper nutrition and fall ill often. They are then given antibiotics to make sure that they stay alive but the bodily fluids that they have running through them when they are sick end up in the milk.
6. They don’t tell you that there is powdered milk solids in the skim milk. It is known to build up the plaque on your arteries and cause problems down the line.