Do you constantly feel pressure from your friends to tie the knot? Some people just don’t want to get married and there is nothing wrong with that. Here are six reasons that marriage is not for everyone.
1. You can still have security without a spouse. Just because you aren’t married doesn’t mean that there isn’t support and love all around you. If you have kids, you will have support from them no matter what. If you have a boyfriend, they will still understand your needs just as much as if they were your husband.
2. If you say you aren’t married, often times people automatically assume that means that you are alone in life. You could be completely in love with someone, be with them for years and years, and yet people still think that you will end up alone if you aren’t married. This is not true and should not be a reason to get married if you really don’t want to.
3. It is easier to break up when you are not married. Divorce is messy. No matter how civil it is, it is still messy and expensive. Breaking up with a longtime partner is much simpler.
4. You can always get married if you choose to. Marriage has no age limit. At this point in your life you just may not be ready for it, but down the road you may want to tie the knot. You don’t have to rush into it if you really don’t think it’s the right time.
5. Love is mysterious and ever-changing. Marriage is a like a contract that you and your spouse will stay the same for life.
6. You can still have your ring even if you are not married. A lot of people in long-term relationships opt to get engagement and wedding rings anyway, even if they aren’t going through the actual act of getting married. It still symbolizes that you will be together for life.