There are common things that women do that end up making their men very resentful of them. Avoid resentment by being mindful of the following situations sent in by men who resent the actions of their spouse:
1. Don’t make plans without him and just assume that he will be okay with it. Ask first if you want to go do something. You don’t need permission but at least check with him and make sure that he hasn’t planned something for the two of you. Make sure that he is okay with staying home and taking care of the kids if you have any.
2. When you are out to dinner with your friends it is a good idea not to complain about your husband, especially while he is right there. Even if you jokingly speak about how he doesn’t do the dishes or do the laundry it can still put him in a bad mood and make him resent you.
3. The past is in the past. Leave it that way. With every fight that you may have, focus on what is happening in that moment. Don’t bring up past issues that have already been resolved.
4. Your kids need love and attention and their basic needs need to be met but once they have the basic needs out of the way, turn your attention elsewhere. Men become resentful when the children are always put before they are such as when you type a report for your child instead of making them do it themselves and relaxing with your husband.
5. If your husband brings up your s*x life, don’t immediately think that there is something wrong. If you jump to that conclusion it will lead to an argument. Listen to him and talk about the things that you like and how you can top them for even more fun.
6. If your husband does something nice for you, thank him. Don’t criticize him over every little thing that he does. He will feel like he is never doing anything well enough and will begin to wonder why he should bother.