Shirley Zussman, Ph. D., is a 100 year old s*x therapist. She graduated from college in 1934 but back then this was not a profession. She married a gynec0logist and after they were both featured on the show Masters of $ex she knew that her profession was going to be in s*x therapy. She began in the 80s after being on the show and even though she is 100 she still writes columns and gives advice to those who need it. Here are some of her best tips for everything from being in a committed s*xual relationship to being in a casual one:
1. Make s*x your number one priority on your to-do list for the day. Everyone leads such stressful lives and are so busy with work and families that they don’t realize how long it has been since their last romp in the hay until they sit down and think about it.
2. Don’t worry about hitting a point where the s*x may seem mundane or routine. There are always ways to spice things up and even if you keep it the same as you always have you are still connecting with each other which is what is the most important.
3. Having a fling can be done and done right. If you are someone that is okay with the guy never calling you back the next day and you use protection and a sober mind, hooking up with a random person can be a lot of fun and a great way to relieve stress.
4. Foreplay is important. It gets the engines revved up and also helps each of you to have a more pleasurable experience .
5. Women should figure out what they want from their partner in bed and make sure that they get it. Zussman says that she wishes that she could go back in time and tell more women that they need to be aggressive in pursuing what they want.
6. Create a space that is just for s*x. So many couples now have laptops, cell phones, and televisions in their bedrooms that the romantic atmosphere is gone. Zussman says to have a place where none of those things are present so that you can just concentrate on your partner.
7. There is nothing wrong with being a little k!nky. If you want to spice things up a bit but have a strange fetish, talk to your partner about it. They just may be into it!
8. You don’t need an arsenal of toys to get things going. All it can take is a hot outfit or something simple like a str!ptease to get his motor running.