Trying to lose weight can be difficult, but there are some small steps that you can take to make sure that you can kick the fat-burning into gear.
1. Use a pedometer. In one day 10,000 steps can be a great start to fitness and weight loss goals according to The Cooper Institute for Aerobic Research. That may seem like a lot of steps but little changes that you can make such as taking the stairs instead of the elevator or parking as far away as possible from a store entrance can help build those steps quickly.
2. Do some weight lifting. Toning your muscles not only helps to get your heart rate up while you are working out but once your muscles are in good shape they will help you to have an easier time burning fat.
3. Get more sleep. When you don’t get enough sleep your body releases a hormone called ghrelin which tells your body that it is hungry and may cause you to eat much later than you should. Before you take anything from the kitchen cabinet, lie down in bed and get some sleep. When you have enough sleep the hormone leptin is released which tells your body that it’s full.
4. Make sure that you combine fiber and protein. These two things together have some great fat burning potential. They will both help you to feel fuller longer and will also slow down the rate at which your body digests it’s food.
5. Eat more! This is not something that you usually hear when you are trying to lose weight but this advice has been around for a while. Eat six small meals instead of three big ones. You will be full a lot longer than the three big meals and will tend to eat less as well.