When you hear that someone is getting a divorce you probably think it is because of some very common reasons such as cheating or abuse. However during a survey of divorcing couples on Reddit it was discovered that when people are telling the truth about their divorce it can be shocking to see why couples are giving up on their marriages. Here are some of the reasons that the participants gave:
1. One man stated that he and his wife had tried to get pregnant for a long time but nothing was working. They were going to try alternative fertility options with the doctor but she didn’t want to do that. Instead she cheated on her husband until she became pregnant.
2. A woman said that she was coming to the conclusion that she would never want to have children with the man she had married because she didn’t think she could trust him with them. She then wondered why she would trust him with their relationship too.
3. Many couples have different maturity levels going into the relationship. Some end up not being able to handle the gap when one is far too immature or the other is far too strict.
4. Some couples get married on a whim. They are swept away with romance and make the leap far too soon or they get married because a huge tragedy had just occurred and they didn’t want to lose another person. After the fact they realized that they had gotten married for the wrong reason and felt that it was time to part ways.
5. All too often you will hear the “we just grew apart” reason when there is really another underlying issue. However sometimes it is just because they grew apart from each other. They may have picked up new hobbies that are not of interest to the other half of the couple and they eventually drift apart.
6. One man said that he had finally realized after a few years that his wife was a narcissist. He didn’t want to let her have control over him anymore so he left and never looked back.