You know that you are unhealthy when a doctor gives you a diagnosis, but what about when you haven’t seen a doctor for a while? Do you know if you are healthy or not? These are 12 signs that you may not be as healthy as you think.
1. You don’t get enough sleep – If you suffer from insomnia there could be something else going on that is raising the stress hormone in your body.
2. You are shrinking – If you find yourself becoming shorter it could mean that your bones are degenerating due to osteoporosis. Make sure you are getting enough Vitamin D and calcium to keep your bones healthy.
3. You are shaped like an apple – You carry your extra weight around the middle. Being overweight can raise your risk of heart disease and stroke among other diseases.
4. You are always tired – You could be tired because you are too busy, but you could also be fatigued due to sleep apnea, thyroid problems, diabetes, or a host of other disorders. Take note of other symptoms if you find any.
5. Your pee is dark yellow – You are dehydrated. Drinking water is one of the most important things you can do for your body. Make sure you are drinking enough.
6. You snore – This can be a sign of sleep apnea which can be a dangerous disease.
7. You’re always anxious – There can be many causes of this such as hormone imbalances and hyperthyroidism.
8. Number two only happens once – Health bowel movements should happen after every meal, not once a day or every other day.
9. You itch all the time – You could have an underlying skin disorder or allergies that you may not know about.
10. You are always sick with the cold or flu – You need Vitamin C to take care of your immune system.
11. You have cracked lips – This can be a sign of a Vitamin B deficiency.
12. You have acne – This could be stress, hormones, eczema, or other skin diseases.