Have you ever been in a small space and wondered where that smell was coming from, then realized that it was you? There are some smells that you cannot get rid of by bathing or wearing perfumes and deodorants!
1. If you love broccoli you probably eat it quite often. Even if you chew gum after you eat it to get rid of your “broccoli breath” it won’t do you any good. When it is digested in your stomach it puts more of a stench in your body which inevitably comes out.
2. How often do you wash your best bra? Many women tend to wear their favorite bra for a few days and don’t wash it as much as they should. The bra touches a lot of skin that is prone to sweating and traps odors or bacteria.
3. When you get stressed out your sweat has a different chemical make-up than regular sweat that you use deodorant for. This kind of sweat is produced in the apocrine glands and is a playground for a host of bacteria.
4. If your feet tend to stink no matter what you do, it could be because of the stress as well. This sweat comes out of your feet and when it does it is trapped inside a warm environment which is a feeding ground for a host of different bacteria.
5. If you notice that you have an odd stench constantly, have a doctor check out your blood sugar. One of the symptoms of diabetes is diabetic ketoacidosis which is when the insulin breaks down fat and your body is filled with ketones. These ketones can cause a change in body odor.
6. When you drink the alcohol can literally come out of your pores. It makes its way out while you are drinking and it is coursing through your body.
7. Finally, you could have Trimethylaminuria. This is a rare genetic disorder that makes it so the body cannot break down trimethylamine which has a fishy smell to it. When there is too much in the body it is released through blood, sweat, and your breath.