There are songs about it. There are jeans made especially for it. Sometimes people believe that bigger is better. That’s right, we are talking about your posterior. How much do you know about your booty? There are a few things that you may not know that may make you think a little more positively about it.
1. What are you going to do with all that junk, all that junk inside your trunk? Did you know that it may be healthier to have a little more junk? Women who have larger rear ends have less risk of cardiovascular disease as opposed to women with more fat in the abdominal area.
2. Your gluteus maximus is a large muscle that is part of one of the largest muscle groups in your body. If you work it out regularly you can tone and sculpt it.
3. Women appreciate a compliment on their butt more than any other body part.
4. One woman created Spanx because of her butt. She said that she couldn’t figure out what kind of underwear to wear under white pants. Hence the invention of shapewear.
5. Over 2,600 women got a butt lift in 2012. Almost 750 got butt implants. This number is actually smaller than it was in 2011.
6. The word of the year as named by Oxford in 2013 was “selfie”. However “twerk” got an honorable mention thanks to Miley Cyrus twerking her booty at the MTV Video Music Awards.
7. “Baby Got Back” won a Sir Mix-A-Lot a Grammy in 1992. It is still a popular song that almost everyone knows today.
8. A British survey polled men on what they first noticed about a woman. The butt came in 8th place. Eyes came in first.