Because of the diversity in its forms, there has been a major focus on bullying across the country, in recent years. Not only are children being bullied, but adults are too. Workplace bullying can make someone hate a job they would otherwise love. It happens to many people and can start with something as small as a dirty look and escalates from there.
Here are some signs that you are being bullied at work:
– You want to throw up at the thought of going in to work
– Your doctor notices that you have been having heath problems such as high blood pressure and cholesterol.
– All of your vacation time has been used for “mental health days” instead of a real vacation.
– Days are unproductive. You are exhausted and emotionally drained and the last thing you want to do is work around the house.
– Things that you once found fun don’t seem like fun at all anymore.
If you aren’t being bullied at work, look for the signs of being a bully yourself:
– There is a large number of people who are either transferring to a different department not headed by you or they are quitting altogether.
– You can’t seem to train anyone properly.
– You have to remind everyone that you’re the boss.
If you are being bullied, here are some ways that you can gain your power back:
– Identify the bullying. You know the signs, now just watch carefully.
– Bully-proof yourself by staying away from those who are bullying or speak with a mental health professional.
– Expose that bully. Make sure that everyone knows who they are and what they do.
Make sure that you let someone in upper management or HR know that someone is bullying you.