Have you ever heard of tongue scraping? Have you ever done it? This is the process where you use a tongue scraper and remove all of the bacteria and toxins that build up on your tongue overnight while you sleep. These toxins can cause a host of problems such as digestive issues and respiratory issues. Here are five reasons that you should be scraping your tongue regularly:
1. Boost that immune system: Your tongue is the first thing that bacteria and toxins will touch a majority of the time. In order to stop these toxins from being absorbed into the bloodstream simply scrape the toxins away.
2. Improve digestion: When you eat you would like to be able to taste your food for what it is right? If you scrape the toxin layer off of your tongue before you eat you will taste things in a whole new way. You will also be able to produce more saliva which aids in digestion and helps keep heartburn at bay.
3. Hello Dragon Lady: No one likes to wake up with morning breath. It is even worse when your breath smells bad all day long. This is because of the bacteria that has built up on your tongue overnight. Scrape your tongue before bed and after you wake up in the morning.
4. Dental health is important to you: When you practice good oral hygiene you are making sure that you have healthy gums and teeth. In order for them to be as healthy as possible, the toxins and bacteria need to be removed.
5. It’s all about the flavor: Your favorite food is sitting in front of you and yet for some reason it doesn’t taste as good as it did the last time. When was the last time you scraped your tongue? The build-up can damage the taste buds.