When it comes to relationships, ending things sooner rather than later can save a lot of heartache down the line, but this is only if there is something that you should be ending the relationship for. Here are five red flags that could mean the relationship is on its way out.
1. If your views on family greatly differ, it may be time to end things. If you would rather spend Sundays with the family having dinner and spending the day together while he would rather watch football alone in his den, this is something that is not likely to change. If he wants a big family with lots of kids but you do not, that is something that should be considered before making things serious.
2. One big red flag is that your partner has been unfaithful previously. There is a phrase, “once a cheater always a cheater” and this usually rings true. Get out before you are cheated on.
3. Risky business is not something to look past. If your partner is doing something that could be harmful or dangerous, perhaps think about moving on instead of moving forward. They will have to grow up at some point but you shouldn’t have to be the one to deal with it.
4. How does your partner handle stressful situations? Does he take them with a grain of salt and calmly or does he blow up and lose his temper? If he tends to blow things out of proportion often, you should probably end the relationship before you end up with months of fights spinning out of control.
5. If your family and your friends dislike your partner, there is probably a good reason why. They care about you and want to see you happy, so take what they are telling you to heart. If they don’t like him, listen to their reasoning.