By: Krystle Crossman
Acne affects many of us. It starts when we hit puberty. For some it clears up as you become an adult, but others have skin that just never seems to be clear. Here are some home remedies to help prevent or rid yourself of acne.
1. Keep your hair off of your face. Your hair becomes oily quickly, and when it touches your face, that oil transfers into your pores and clogs them up. If you can’t keep your hair away from your face, make sure to wash it every day to reduce the amount of oil on it.
2. Wash your face daily. Help to unclog your pores and keep the oils and bacteria that cause acne off of your face. Use a mild cleanser that doesn’t irritate the skin, followed by an astringent that helps to dry out the pimples. Try sulfur based soaps for best results.
3. Wash your sheets and pillow cases often, at least once a week. The oils from your face and hair transfer onto your pillow at night, and if you don’t wash them you are lying in the oils all night long.
4. Do not squeeze, pinch, or pop your pimples. That will just irritate your skin further.
5. Drink more water and this will help to keep your skin hydrated. Also avoid fatty foods as the oils in them can create more acne.
6. Create a face paste at home. Use milk and nutmeg to create a paste and put this on your face for fifteen minutes every night before you go to bed. Rinse it with warm water.
7. Cinnamon and honey make another great paste for your face. Apply at night and let it sit while you sleep. Wash it off in the morning.
8. If you have a large zit, apply toothpaste to it. Apply at night when you go to bed and wash off in the morning. It helps to dry the zit out.