We all tend to over-think things, no matter what the situation. A significant other will say something and you will end up thinking about it too much. Yon can end up thinking what was said has a deeper meaning than it really has. When you think about something too much and obsess over it, it takes over your whole life and there are things that can pass you by. These are ways that over-thinking can ruin your happiness in life:
1. Over-thinking causes you to concentrate on the problem over and over again as opposed to thinking about it a little bit and trying to come up with a solution. If you remain fixated on the problem it may never get solved.
2. The more time and energy that you spend on a bad date the worse off you will be in the long run.
3. When you over-think things you are inadvertently neglecting your creative side.
4. Worry, worry, worry, that’s all you do while you are watching the kids. Soon they will be young adults and ready to take on the world. Worrying will only put you in a bad mood and surround you with negative energy.
5. You are so busy thinking about the problem that you aren’t taking time to think about the other great things in your life.
6. As for your energy, that could be better spent on getting a solution for the problem. You won’t be able to focus on the problem like you should.
7. Over-thinking will lead to second guessing and self-doubt.
8. Over-thinking can be bad for your ego as well if you are trying to be everyone and be everywhere.
9. Over-thinking can lead to a game of Telephone where everyone sits in a circle and whispers what the person to their left told me. It can start with vicious rumors that will not be true and blow up from there.
10. When you over-think things you can get a heightened sense of anger, jealousy, resentment, or fear.