Being a champion of something is a great experience, but it comes with a lot of responsibility. You become a role model for others. Even after you have grabbed that elusive title, there are certain ways you should act to maintain that level of success.
1. Success is not a gift, it is a decision. You make the decision to follow your dreams, you can’t just sit back and wait for them to happen.
2. Make your goals known! Document them and tell them to everyone who will listen. The more it’s out there, the more realistic they will seem.
3. Make the right choices. Everything is a choice. Going out and competing for something that you want is a choice. Having the drive to win is a choice. Putting your dreams on the back burner is a choice. No matter what, you are the one who decides your fate, so make the best choices for you.
4. You should have a plan. Living life spontaneously is great, but you should have a plan so that you can focus and attain whatever goal it is you are reaching for.
5. Tackle your weaknesses and your strengths. Identify each and make sure that you do everything in your power to continue building upon your strengths and strengthening your weaknesses.
6. You are not alone. Lean on others for support. You do not have to solely depend on others to make your dreams a reality, but you will need support along the way for when things get tough.
7. Accept change. Change is inevitable in life, so make the best of it and accept it as it happens. Look at it as a new challenge.
8. Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. This way no matter what life throws at you, you will be ready.
9. Be realistic and keep things in perspective. Don’t get a big head but don’t shortchange yourself either.
10. Stay positive. Negative thinking never got anyone anywhere, so keep it upbeat!