So you need to lose a little weight and you need to lose it fast. You may have a wedding or a big reunion coming up and you just need to get rid of a few pounds in order to fit into that dress just right. Here are some tips on how you can safely lose a little weight in just seven days by making little tweaks to your everyday life.
1. Sunday: Get rid of processed foods. If you can’t pronounce the ingredients on the label, you shouldn’t be eating it. Put it back on the shelf at the store and leave it there. This goes for fast food too.
2. Monday: Lay off the alcohol. Alcohol is high in empty calories and loaded with sugar so it makes snacking very hard to resist. It also dehydrates you. It has been shown that women consume more calories while sipping on a cocktail.
3. Tuesday: Eat your fiber. Sprinkle flaxseed in your yogurt or add some sliced almonds to your meal. Fiber is a carb that you don’t want to get rid of.
4. Wednesday: Eat all through the day, not just three big meals. Eat three small 300-350 calorie meals per day and two 100 calorie snacks. This way you are less likely to go on a food binge because you are so hungry.
5. Thursday: Get rid of the bloat. Eat foods such as spinach, cucumbers, and asparagus which are all water-based. Avoid foods like broccoli, onions and peppers which can tend to make people gassy.
6. Friday: Flush all the toxins out. Drink 2 to 3 liters of water per day. Your cells will retain water when you are dehydrated. Sip on the water slowly so that it can filter through your bloodstream instead of going right to the liver.
7. Saturday: Protein is your friend. Eat a breakfast packed with protein that will fill you up and help you not to snack during the day.