The holidays are upon us and that means it is time for family, holiday cheer, and food. With all of the delicious foods that come out during the holiday season, how do you manage to stay trim and fit? Here are 5 great ways to help you keep the pounds off during the holiday madness.
1. One of the most important things that you can do, especially during Thanksgiving, is to use a smaller plate than normal. You won’t have as much room for a lot of food. There is an important second component however and that is maintaining the willpower to not refill the plate once you are done.
2. Drink some iced tea or juice with chia seeds in it before you go to eat a dinner. The chia seeds expand when they are wet which will help you to feel fuller, longer. They also have a ton of great health benefits.
3. You can skip your evening meal and eat at a cocktail party instead. If you eat up to 1,800 calories, you can eat 800 or so of those at the party. Some things that you need to remember however are that wine adds on calories quickly as do small appetizers such as pigs in a blanket.
4. Take a long survey of all of the food that has been put out. Decide what is the healthiest food on the table is and go for that only. Try to steer clear of foods that you know are bad for you. Lock your eyes on the veggies and don’t waiver.
5. When you know that you are off to a holiday party or dinner that day, shave some calories off of your breakfast and lunch. This way you will have extra calories for dinner and won’t feel as guilty.