This world is full of s*xism and double standards and they don’t appear to be going away any time soon. What is good for a man is often not good for a woman and they are criticized for doing things that are deemed only for men. Here are some things that woman are chastised for but society doesn’t bother men about:
1. Having a messy house: A reported 87% of women and 81% of men feel anxious about how clean their home is. Yet if a woman’s house is messy, it is deemed gross, but if a man’s home is dirty it is because he is too busy earning money or Is living the “bachelor” lifestyle. Women are becoming the breadwinners of the family more often these days and after work and spending time with the kids there is little room for housework.
2. Being assertive: A woman who is assertive is often called colorful names. A man who is assertive is just being a man. If a woman says what is on her mind too much she is called bossy. If a man does it he is just showing off his leadership skills.
3. No kids: When a man doesn’t have kids and begins to get older no one gives it a second thought. But as a woman gets older and still doesn’t have children she will hear the phrase “your biological clock is ticking” more times than she cares for.
4. S*xual partners: If a man has a lot of s*xual partners he is sometimes called a player but other guys use that almost as a term of respect. If a woman has the same number of partners she is deemed to be promiscuous. This is one of the biggest double standards out there.
5. Being overweight: Women are not allowed to be heavy. Society says that we must look like stick figures in order to be able to feel good about ourselves. For men it doesn’t matter one way or another. A man who is overweight is not as limited to what he can get in life or what he can do as an overweight woman would be.