For many women, getting up in the morning is hard enough as it is, let alone getting up for an intense workout to start the day off. There are many women who are not up to waking up early for a workout but here are some tips to help you along:
1. Pack everything that you need in advance. Put all of your workout clothes, iPod, phone, headphones, water bottles, and towels in the gym bag and set it near the door so that you have everything ready to go once you wake up.
2. Have some coffee. If you have a brewer that has a timer on it, set it to brew for a few minutes before you get up so that you wake up to a house filled with the scent of coffee. It will help you get the morning jolt that you need to get going.
3. Have a quick and convenient breakfast waiting for you in the morning. Think something like yogurt or granola since they are loaded with protein and will help you to make the most out of your workout. Peanut butter and apple slices are a great wake-up food because of the protein and the complex carbs that will get your day started off correctly.
4. Say it with me…sunlight. You need the warm rays of the sun on your face to help you wake up. The light will trigger a chain reaction in your body that says it’s time to get going. Stand by the window and soak the rays up for a few minutes.
5. Schedule a workout session with a friend. You will be more likely to get up and get going if there is someone else that is going with you. You won’t want to let them down so you will have to get up and get going!
6. Finally, you need to make sure that you get enough sleep. If you are sleep deprived you are most likely just going to shut the alarm off, roll over, and go back to bed.