Many people hate early mornings. It is tough to get up and out of bed before the sun even comes up. The First Lady Michelle Obama often shares that she gets up as early as 4:30am because she needs to start her day with exercise. She has also shared that the President also gets up early to get in a work-out before he starts his day.
Here are some good reasons to get an early start to your day:
1. There are fewer distractions early in the morning. Get the important things out of the way early on so that you don’t end up putting them off all together when distractions come your way later on in the day.
2. You willpower is a little stronger during the early morning. You haven’t had to deal with the tough stuff quite yet, so you are more likely to be willing to do the things that need to get done. As the day goes on, you are dealing with other people that may get on your nerves or tasks that you don’t want to be doing, and it decreases your will to do other things that may need to get done.
3. You are more likely to have a better day by waking up earlier. We have all had those days where we have slept past our alarm and are late for everything that we have to do that day. You end up irritated and it throws your whole day off. By waking up earlier you have plenty of time to get ready for the day.
If you still cringe at the thought of getting up early, try these four tips:
1. Keep a time journal to see where you can cut the times that you are being inefficient.
2. Imagine your perfect morning, to get in a good mindset.
3. Plan your morning so that you can have better time management.
4. Start slowly. Set your alarm for 10 minutes earlier each day to build up to waking up much earlier.